We're hopping, peeps! It's holiday time, and for me and mine, that means time to celebrate one of the holiest Christian holidays--Christmas! So many things I love about this time of year, so I wanted to share my Top Ten Reasons I Love the Christmas Season. I hope you can totally relate.
10. The goofy kid in the holiday school program who waves and shouts at his or her family and sings loudly off key the whole time. (Yeah, it's usually mine.)
9. The growing (and lovable) mish-mash of kid-made ornaments decorating my once gold and silver Christmas tree.
8. "O Holy Night," "Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer," "Jingle Bell Rock," and "Breath of Heaven"--the songs I crank and belt out anytime they play on the all-Christmas-all-the-time radio.
7. Despite the holiday stress, despite the crazy to-do lists, despite the increased traffic...everywhere, people still seem to be at their happiest.
6. Light displays give my kiddos free entertainment with every street we turn onto.
5. People actually invite me to parties!
4. Finally getting to see family that all my early fond memories surround.
3. Fooooood! Need I say more?
2. No school for the holidays! (Can you tell I'm a teacher?) And more time for denting the TBR pile!
1. The reason behind the season--my Lord and Savior--Jesus Christ. May I never forget this.
There you go. Leave me a comment about your favorite part of the holidays for a chance to win a $10.00 gift card to the e-tailer of your choice. You must comment to be entered into the grand prize drawings. Don't forget to leave your e-mail address.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
And don't forget to keep hoppin' through to the other sites for more chances to win. You can find them here: http://carrieannbloghops.
There are THREE grand prizes. You as a reader can go to EACH blog and comment with your email address and be entered to win. Yep, you can enter over 200 times, including this one!
Now what are those prizes?
1st Grand Prize: A Kindle Fire or Nook Tablet
2nd Grand Prize: A $200 Amazon or B&N Gift Card
3rd Grand Prize: A Swag Pack that contains paperbacks, ebooks, 50+ bookmarks, cover flats, magnets, pens, coffee cozies, and more!
Happy Reading and Writing!
Charlie hides her true identity inside a community made up only of males, but her presence places everyone around her in danger. This community is surrounded by Draghoul, once-human creatures bent on infecting others. Left with no other choice but to remain, she fears her secret will be discovered, and she’ll be thrown to the creatures she dreads. Yet, the longer she stays with these survivors, the less benevolent they appear.
In this new and dangerous version of the world, where the friend beside you might be an enemy and an enemy might be your only friend, seventeen-year-old Charlie protects her baby sister and herself from grotesque monsters outside the community as well as human ones inside. Will the truth she discovers about her protectors save her or ultimately doom her to a fate worse than death?
This is the first full-length novel in the Mercy Series.
C. C. Marks